INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
BACHELOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – 17TH INTAKE.
Please read these instructions carefully before you complete the application.
- Application form should be filled only in the English medium using block capital letters.
- Full Name must be given as appearing in the Birth Certificate.
- Those who do not possess a National ID card, valid Passport or valid Postal ID card should attach a separate declaration to the application form indicating why they do not possess a National ID card, valid Passport or valid Postal ID card and should also attach certified copies of necessary documents.
- Please provide your permanent address, contact telephone number and email address to enable the EDC of the UCSC to communicate with your future activities. Any change of those contacts should be duly notified in writing to the Coordinator/EDC of the UCSC.
- You should indicate your educational qualifications, examination results /other qualifications accurately and clearly.
- If you do not possess the basic qualifications and apply on any other academic/professional qualifications, your application may/may not be considered. Fees already paid will not be refunded. If you are applying under professional and other qualification category, you are advised to clarify your qualifications before applying, by sending photocopies of your qualifications to the Coordinator, External Degrees Centre of UCSC, No.17, Swarna Road, Colombo 6 on or before 12th January 2017 with self-addressed stamped envelope.
- All applicants must apply on-line and a duly printed copy of the on-line application form (with the Cash-Paying-in-Slip) must be posted to Coordinator, External Degrees Centre of UCSC, No.17, Swarna Road, Colombo 6. Applications which are not submitted on-line will be rejected and the application fee will not be refunded.
- Place your signature and insert the date at the appropriate place in the printed on-line application form.
- The signature of the applicant should be attested (Signed and Stamped) by any one of the following persons: Head or Retired Head of a Government/Director Managed approved school, Grama Niladhari of the Division, Justice of Peace, Commissioner of Oaths, Attorney at Law, Notary Public, Commissioned Officer of the armed forces, Staff Officer of Govt./ Corporation, the Chief Incumbent of a Buddhist Vihara, A religious Dignitary of standing of any other religion.
- Application Fee of Rs. 1000/= (for Sri Lankans) or US$25 (for foreign passport holders) must be made using on-line generated vouchers available in the BIT website (www.bit.lk). The vouchers are in quadruplicate and all four copies must be printed. The Application Fee can be paid to any branch of the People’s Bank using the Cash-Paying-in-Slip.
- Duly filled Application form with the Payment voucher (printed on-line generated Cash-Paying-in-Slip : EDC copy – 1), photocopy of certificate/s (e.g.:- A/L, O/L) should be sent either by post or by hand to the Coordinator, External Degrees Centre of UCSC, No.17, Swarna Road, Colombo 6 on or before 15th January 2017 (Extended till 31st January 2017). Please mention “Application form for BIT-2017” in the top left corner of the envelope containing the application form. Late applications will not be entertained.
- Please note that the minimum age limit is not considered for applying for this program and Internal Undergraduates of the state universities are also eligible to apply for this program.
For further information, please contact:
Coordinator, External Degrees Centre of UCSC,
No.17, Swarna Road, Colombo 6.
Tele : 011-4720511/3 Fax : 011- 2682331